The Emergency Exit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Status of phpbb3now

Go down

The Status of phpbb3now Empty The Status of phpbb3now

Post  X-Hentric Mon May 11, 2009 2:11 pm

I was doing some research and found this thread over at phpbb.com:

richardcorso wrote:I have noticed that the phpbb3now.com website has been hijacked by the "United Travian Brother" whoever they are well that's what it says on the support forum part of their website and any support forum messages have disappeared. If you have a forum hosted by them you cannot do any posting of messages etc - its a complete disaster.

lurttinin wrote:I have had few users PM'ing me about their phpbb3now forum not working on another (intl) website.
Symptoms are, when you post something you are redirected to the thread, but post does not go through.
This sounds like a problem with clustering and it started about two-three days ago.

AYBG wrote:I was a member of the team at the Support Forum. You'd be wrong to think that it's replacement has anything to do with the recent disaster. It was volunteer-run, so when the hosts stopped replying to our admin's emails, he shut it down. Presumably that opened up the forum name to be re-created by some cheeky buggars! phpbb3now obviously didn't notice so the Support Forum link on their homepage goes to that little forum.

Anyway, I'd be very surprised if it had anything to do with the whole posting problem. Right now I'm panicked because one member of the support team here reckons that phpbb3now is closing as the result of a DDOS attack, but I'm hoping that it was instead just incompetence like the posters above say, and will fingers cross be fixed shortly.
X-Hentric
X-Hentric
Admin

https://isis.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum