The Emergency Exit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rising tide sinks many ships

Go down

A rising tide sinks many ships Empty A rising tide sinks many ships

Post  X-Hentric Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:31 pm

Some claim that it is the urban poor who will suffer the most in the collapse of civilization. And yet don't they suffer the most NOW with civilization?

When the pilgrims settled on Turtle Island, the punishment for escaping to live among the Indians was that the townspeople would hunt you down and kill you to deter other colonists from defecting to live among the Indians. Our culture is obsessed with control, and it keeps the food under lock and key. In our automobile culture, one is crippled without an automobile. I can and will endure, I guess. There are many others in the same boat ... But there is no longer any people to escape to.

I wonder how many just can't take another day of it, another day of not having basic human needs met. Wouldn't it be better to CHARGE THE CANNONS rather than to self-destruct? Or ought I be glad to be able to find a place to lay my head and just lie down?

Maintaining self-respect and respect for the spirit means we will have a chance to rise above this Dark Age.

Look at American history and you will find that enormous wealth has been spent by the powerful in keeping the disenfranchised just an inch or two off the edge of hunger and revolt. The business of America is business. But that business is now bankrupt. The rulers can no longer buy off the poor.

So, what is in store for us besides starvation? Attempts at revolt are continually crushed? The scary thing is that many do not even see a need to revolt.

There is not much left with which to buy off the poor, the unmedicated, the landless, the unemployed, the homeless, the uneducated (and ineducable) and the frightened. It is the uninformed who suffer the most ... those who actually believe that someone is in control or that those who want control actually know what the hell they are doing.

We have been told that the pen is mightier than the sword and that "violence is not the way." My pen does not make me feel very mighty.

It is an odd sensation to witness how vulnerable our loved ones are, especially when the loved one is sinking in pain and confusion. How do we rise above these Dark Ages enough to help our mothers and others stand up straight?

What if we are having a difficult time standing up straight ourselves? A rising tide sinks many ships.

Just recycling some old ideas ...
X-Hentric
X-Hentric
Admin

https://isis.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum