The Emergency Exit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Emergency Exit

Go down

The Emergency Exit Empty The Emergency Exit

Post  Buttered-Edges Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:57 am

Emergency Exit
Noun: A structure designed for the purpose of special exit in the event of an emergency .e.g fire; An alternative exit if others are blocked.

Exit, I suppose that term is appropriate considering the history of this forum. A safe exit for times of catastrophy. A glitch here or there, a corrupted code segment that managed to bring down a server, bringing down dicussion with it, preventing the expression of all that collective angst.. collective truth. For me there is irony in the title of this place, in it's form, in it's function. Because for you it was an exit but for me it will be my entry, at least I hope. Fighting the one way traffic, sneeking in the back door, unguarded exit.

For months, I have been a ghost. Drawn to CLAWS in all the usual ways, then on to Isis and now here, far down the rabbit trail I have come, down the "railroad" as one illusive fellow described it. Glued to my screen with intent, scrutinising every topic, just wanting a voice. Those who persevere are rewarded in the end I suppose. We need to keep it open for people like me, stragglers, wanderers, latecomers, there are a larger number of us than anyone could have imagined. The great noah's ark of modern philosophical thought, the den of psycho-revolutionaries.

I feel a lot like pinocchio, finally animated, finally a voice, a shell for a ghost, be it a cybernectic one. And although my elation may be slightly premature, considering the senility of this place (I may still have some way to go before I reach you all) I can't help but silently scream at the top of my lungs, I'm a real boy, I'm a real person, I'm real, I exist.. to all of you.
Buttered-Edges
Buttered-Edges

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum